Glorious St. Rita, O Holy Patroness of those in need, your intercession with our Lord is most powerful.
Through the favours obtained by your prayers, you have been called the Advocate of the Hopeless and even of the Impossible.
St. Rita, humble and pure; patient and compassionate lover of Christ Crucified! We have confidence that everyone who has recourse to you, will find comfort and relief.
Listen to our petitions and show your power with God on our behalf. Obtain our petitions for us, if they are for the greater glory of God, and for our good.
We promise, if our petitions are granted, to make known your favor, and to glorify God for His gift. Relying on your merits and power before the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we ask of you:
(Mention your request…)
Obtain for us our request:
– by the singular merits of your childhood,
– by your perfect union with the Divine Will,
– by your heroic sufferings during your married life,
– by the consolation you experienced at the conversion of your husband,
– by the sacrifice of your children rather than see them grievously offend God,
– by your miraculous entrance into the convent,
– by your severe penances and thrice daily bloody scourging,
– by the suffering caused by the wound you received from the thorn of the Crucified Savior,
– by the divine love which consumed your heart,
– by that remarkable devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, on which alone you existed for four years,
– by the happiness with which you parted from your trials to join your Divine Spouse,
– by the perfect example you gave to people of every state of life.
Pray for us, O Holy St. Rita, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us Pray: Heavenly Father, in Your infinite love and mercy, you heed the prayer of Your beloved servant, Saint Rita.
You graciously grant favours through her intercession, which are considered impossible to human foresight, skill and efforts.
Relying on her compassionate love, we ask You to assist us in our trials and difficulties.
Let unbelievers know that you are the helper of the humble, the defence of the helpless, and the strength of those who trust in You.
We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
… St Rita of Cascia, Pray for Us …